05 June 2008

Thought of the Day

"Making everyone else wrong is easy; understanding difference as complimentary rather than oppositional seems to be a much more difficult project." -Jamison Green
taken from the article "Part of the Package" in the Journal Men and Masculinities,January 2005.

This is something I could go on about for days, and I have (in my own head). But I hadn't been able to articulate it so cleanly as Green does here. I encourage you to stop and reflect on it in the context of your own lives, and in the context of mine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude! You really got taller?

I'm afraid I will treat you differently. I'm afraid I'll think of you like regular guy and not be able to connect with you. I mean I want to and I think I will, but what if I hesitate. I don't want you to feel unable to express your fem side with me. You have to promise to call me out if I start acting different. Ok?

I <3 ya.
PRI